How it began
Tom & Jenny met in college, where they co-founded a non-profit together. Years later, after finishing grad school, they got married, moved into a small apartment and started their careers.
In her first couple of years as a dentist Dr. Jenny heard over and over from patients that all the sugar-free candy and snack options out there tasted awful and didn't really satisfy their cravings. As someone with a serious sweet tooth herself, she could sympathize. Almost as disappointing as the taste of sugar-free candy was the fact that many of them were too acidic to be truly good for teeth and they were loaded with artificial sweeteners, flavors and colors.
So Jenny decided to start experimenting in her home kitchen to create candy she could feel good about sharing. With her husband Tom, she cooked countless batches of candy over the course of a couple of years to create the perfect combination of healthy ingredients and amazing flavors.
Along the way they met Chef Michael Laiskonis, a recipient of the James Beard Foundation Outstanding Pastry Chef award and twice named one of the "10 Best Pastry Chefs in America." Chef Laiskonis became their first mentor and even dove in, helping perfect Tom & Jenny's caramel recipes in his kitchen!
Today, Tom & Jenny continue to make delicious caramels. They've graduated from the home kitchen to a large scale manufacturing facility and are enjoying growing the business along with their two small daughters, in Durham, NC.
Values we live by
- We believe good health is the root of happiness.
- We don't accept the status quo - we aspire to create the most mouth-watering bites for people on sugar or carb-restricted diets.
- We are passionate about helping people enjoy life, no matter their limitations
- We live with integrity by sourcing the finest ingredients, treating every customer and partner with respect.
Want to get in touch?
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.